Is there any advantage (or disadvantage) to running the power supply
to a K2 at the upper end of the specified voltage range rather than in
the middle or the low end.  I'm thinking of more output power, or same
power at lower current, etc.  I'm not trying to 'hot rod' the PA of
the K2, just wondering if there's any reason to run at one end of the
spec limit rather than the other.

I use a Samlex 1223 switching supply set at 13.6 - 13.8 VDC and it
seems to be very well regulated under load (of course the K2 barefoot
doesn't stress the supply at all).  On SSB I get intermittent "High
Current" messages on voice peaks with the power control set to 15.0
watts.  I tried searching the archives about this question but the
previous discussions seemed to be mostly about how high above the spec
limit one can go without smoke.

73 and thanks,
Craig K300L
K2 4790 KSB2 KAT2 KAF2