Good Evening,
    I just checked my weather forecast and was shocked!  On Tuesday the
thermometer will peak at 70 degrees!  Such heat is just not normal.
Another spate of summer-like heat for a short period then back to more
normal 50 degree temperatures.  I shall need to stock up on ice and
sunblock for this spell of sweltering heat.  Lately it has been in the
high 50s and wet.  Today the fire in my wood stove is perking along after
I spent the morning splitting more kindling.  I hiked the property
yesterday and planned my next season's wood cutting schedule.  I have
about five acres of downed timber to clear with a number of deadfalls to
negotiate.  After I clear the working area I can plan how to drop those
hanging trees.  Without a place to run I am in the path of a few large fir
trees.  I doubt whether they would attempt to dodge me during their fall
to earth.

    Propagation was good this week.  Good enough for a few skeds on twenty
meters.  Some QSB and some QRM from stations who could not hear either one
of us working.  But with the Elecraft gear I just move the filters off to
the side a bit to weaken the QRM and all is well.  I keep reading about
the sun going back to sleep but that's OK; we did just fine during the low
part of the solar cycle.  Maybe one day we shall get the large numbers of
sunspots with the requisite ionization where propagation will be
fantastic.  I have yet to be skunked any time I have run the nets so why
worry about the sun and its foibles?

    If anyone is interested in acting as a relay station on either net
please email me.  I will turn the net over to you for a few minutes so you
can call areas in my skip zone.  It sure would prove helpful to those I
cannot reach directly.

Please join us tomorrow afternoon and evening.

1) Hail signs  (first letter or two of the suffix of your call)
2) NCS help  (as well as QSP/QNP <relay> help)

Sunday 2200z (Sunday 3 PM PDT) 14050 kHz
Monday 0000z (Sunday 5 PM PDT)  7045 kHz

    Stay well,
       Kevin.  KD5ONS

-