Thanks, Bruce.

The KPA Utility (which also provides firmware load functions) currently
offers remote control capability on its "Operate" page.

You can effectively press the KPA500 front panel on/off button, switch
between tune & operate, change bands, and monitor the current PA voltage,
current, temperature, output power, and SWR.

The KPA Utility monitors continuously for fault data, displays the most
recent current fault should it occur, and provides a way to clear the
current fault. Other pages on the KPA Utility provide access to historic
fault data, decoded from binary values to "engineer English".

Remote use requires a PC and serial port connected directly to the KPA500,
typically an internet connection to the PC near the KPA500, and some sort of
"remote desktop" software that allows you to operate one computer from
another.

I've used Microsoft's Remote Desktop built into modern versions of Windows
for this, and there are other remote desktop offerings such as PC Anywhere,
GoToMyPC,  PCNow, Laplink's Everywhere and I'm sure many more.

There certainly may be other KPA500 remote control applications in
development that I'm not aware of.

73 de Dick, K6KR