On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 14:53:07 -0400
"Paul Huff" <ph...@mi.rr.com> wrote:

> I just added the SSB board to my K2 and it seems to be working
> great.  (I made a 40-meter QSO and was given a report of "nice crisp
> audio.")  I'm not an SSB operator and my real goal for adding this
> option is to be able to work some of the digital modes.  I have 3
> quick questions...
>
> 1.  Is there any advantage to using the RTTY mode as opposed to the
> SSB mode on the K2?

Yes, setting up the RTTY filters will allow you to narrow down the
passband to fight QRM while coying digi mode signals.

> 2.  If I use the RTTY mode, do I need to change the filter settings?
> Currently they show 2.2, 2.0, 1.8, and 1.6 as default values without
> any setup from me. (I setup my SSB filters to OP1, OP1, 1.8, and 0.7
> with the thought that the 0.7 might be useful in some digital
> situations.)

The RTTY filters are separate from the SSB filters so the changes you
make to them have no effect on the SSB filters. They have to be
activated from the secondary menu.

Setup the first RTTY filter the same as the first SSB filter so you get
a full waterfall while tuning around and clicking. I have the rest of
mine setup at 1K, 700Hz and 300Hz.

--
R. Kevin Stover
AC0H