From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of David Christ
Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2011 8:33 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] Daisy Chain

Connecting the PC to the P3 and then the P3 to the K3 was recently
discussed.  When I look at the manual for the KPA 500 it shows the PC
connected to the KPA 500 but only the AUX to the K3 even though there is a
RS 232 connector marked (XCVR).

So, can one chain the PC through the KPA 500 to the K3 the came way as with
the P3 and K3? Can you chain all three together?  if so in what order?  If
one has a KPA 500 and K3 it would be nice not to have to swap cables for
doing updates etc.

This does not seem to be covered in the KPA 500 manual but somehow seems to
be implied by the conductor labeling.  It only mentions connecting the
(XCVR) connector to a Kenwood tranceiver.

David K0LUM