On 8/27/2011 10:57 AM, Phil Hystad wrote:

> My next is the K1 and then the KX3 if it is out by then.

I built, in order:  K2, KX1, K3, KPA500.  I use my K2 on field events
such as SOTA activations and QRP contests.  Earlier this year [on Field
Day], Rich NU6T and I activated SOTA W6/SN-039 [9,500 ft Leviathan
Peak].  I had my K2, Rich his K1.  After awhile, I said, "Let's trade
radios, I've never used a K1."

I was truly amazed, that is a really, really cool little radio, and
about half the weight of my K2.  I suspect under lab conditions, my K2
RX will outperform the K1 a little bit, I noticed on very strong signals
[well over S9] the K1 "pulled" a little in frequency, but it really
impressed me.  It's on my list to buy, not at the top, but when I win
the lottery, I'll buy them all.

73,

Fred K6DGW
Auburn CA