I am trying to temporarily use a 20 m Hamstick on my
Outbacker  tripod.  The base I am using checks out fine with
nothing attached. In other words, the top where the antenna screws in shorts
with the pin on the UHF connector on the bottom of the base and is isolated
from the tripod. When I connect a non-terminated coax to the base connector
everything continues to check out as above. However, as soon as I connect the
other end of the coax to ANT 1 of the K3, everything is shorted together (the
top where the antenna screws in shorts with the tripod) and the KPA500 shows
infinite SWR. The Hamstick folks couldn’t figure it out and HRO here in Phoenix
was kind enough to exchange the Hamstick for another, with no effect. Any ideas
and/or explanations? Thanks and 73, Bill N4IEZ / F4WAE