David,

Bypass that - that initial "4 MHz Oscillator Test" is just to make
certain the 4 MHz oscillator is working.
What you are doing is comparing the 4 MHz oscillator output to what the
firmware "thinks" is a 4 MHz source.  So as long as it is oscillating,
the test will always pass.

If calibration of the 4 MHz oscillator is your goal, and you have the K2
capable of receiving WWV (or some other station of known frequency), go
to my website www.w3fpr.com and look at the K2 Dial Calibration
article.  The N6KR method will provide you with precise setting of C22
with no external equipment, and that method compensates for any
variables in the various oscillators involved.

The use of Spectrogram or other audio spectrum analyzer software to
detect the tones transmitted by WWV is strongly recommended.  Tuning to
the "standard" station correctly is the key to success when using that
procedure.

73,
Don W3FPR