Phil & Debbie Salas wrote:

> The K3 internal tuner may or may not be able to tune 160-meters - I
> suspect
> it will have no problem on 80 meters.  It depends on the length and loss
> of
> your feedline.  The 43-foot vertical has HORRIBLE SWR on 160- and
> 80-meters.
> And so your line loss will be very high.

I'd attach a 40' wire to the top of the vertical, run it back down next to
the vertical for 40-10m and it should be invisible on those bands.  For
80-160m, pull it out as far as possible (or rig an attachment rope to an
adjacent tree) to add some top-loading on those bands.  It's not instant
band-switching but should work far better than base-loading.

73,  Bill  W4ZV