The answer is found in the Rev B P3 manual on pages 18 and 19, it
varies by tuning mode. In "tracking" mode the right and left labels
display frequencies "in terms of their offset
from the center", and in "fixed-tune" mode they are "actual RF
frequencies that correspond to the left and right edges of the
display, rather than the frequency
offsets from the center."

Bob NW8L