Hello all. I just installed the KBT2 battery kit in my
K2. I have a 5 watt unisolar flex panel that I would
like to use to charge/run the K2 with especially for
field day, portable, etc...
My panel puts out 17.5 volts no load at a rated 5
watts according to the company. I read in the KBT2
Manual that the the current control is done by the
6.2ohm/2watt resistor. which should handle any typical
power supply So I would think. Does this also apply to
the solar panel?? my thinking is that to start with
that the battery is only going to draw what it needs
to keep the charge. Is this Correct?? or is the higher
voltage an issue??
Thanks
David KR4OW
K2 4320