This is true although when I built my K2/100 I used a magnetized tip #1
and #2 Phillips, both with 8" shanks.
I wouldn't go anywhere near one of these kits with an electric screw
driver. I don't care how adjustable the torque is.
I do use one building PC's but not Elecraft kits.

On 1/29/2012 11:57 AM, Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:
> I can't see a #1 Phillips being a good fit for both a 2-56 and 6-32 screw
> head. Also, all "Phillips" screwdrivers are not the same, thanks to a lot of
> confusion between different manufacturers and even confusion between
> Phillips and "cross-point" screwdrivers.
>
> That's why the instructions suggest having a selection and using the one
> that fits best.
>
> A good fitting Phillips screwdriver will allow you to hold the screwdriver
> horizontally with the screw on the end and the screw won't fall off.
>
> Ron AC7AC

R. Kevin Stover
AC0H
ARRL