Hi folks,

I've just finished building my base kx1 without options, planning to use it as
my prime SOTA rig, (along with the rockmite 40 & SW+20 I have already used).

Construction and stage checks went fine, it emits rf and sounds fine on my big
rig.

I've checked the output into a dummy load and homebrew rf probe which is
"quite" accurate. To cut to the chase, I get more power on 20 meters than 40
meters, at 14 volts I have 2.9w and 2.6w respectively. Now this is fine but I
read that 20 is normally lower than 40 for optimal clean signals. I've checked
all my work, windings are correct and bunched up to 70% of diameter on L2.

Is this a problem or just component variability? I've still to see what I get
at 9 volts, although it'll run from an 11.1 volt 3c lipo when SOTA.

I have one qso in the bag on 20 meters, 559 from France.

The receiver is very fb, and I love the qsk.

Just to recap, happy with the power out (I've worked N4EX from here in Scotland
using 1.5 watts), just unsure about emisions.

73,
Ian, MM0GYX