Hi Tom,

This looks like a cool project.  :=)

On Sat, 2012-04-14 at 23:31 -0700, tomb18 wrote:
> In order for the P3 to control the K3 it must maintain communications via a
> serial link.  Thus one needs to use a com port sharing program such as
> LP-Bridge or LP-Bridge 2.  This works fine within the design parameters of
> the program.  As I have not used these programs before, are there any issues
> with them that I should be aware of?  Everything is working fine and far
> better than I thought.

I'm not sure how you have things set up, but you should be able to leave
the P3's "XCVR" RS-232 port connected directly to the K3 and connect the
computer's RS-232 to the P3's "PC" port.  The software on the PC can
send either P3 commands, K3 commands, or both over the same interface.
LP-Bridge should not be required unless you have more than one PC
program talking to the P3/K3 over a shared COM port.

> I have found a bug in the P3 firmware: Issuing the #REF command only allows
> setting over -140 to -90 not to +10 as stated in the manual.  This is not
> big issue since if you need your reference level at -90 you have other
> problems!

The #REF command should work over a -170 dBm to +10 dBm range.  There
may be come confusion due to the fact that the REF command uses dBm
units and the P3's REF LVL control uses "-dBm" units.  So if you send
the command "#REF-090;" and then access REF LVL on the P3 it will read
positive 90.

Alan N1AL