John Shaw wrote:

>A little bit different but you can get good magnification by mounting a
>webcam above the work piece and viewing it on a screen.

Many old VHS cameras have superb zoom optics which are ideal for this
kind of 'head up display'. I tried it once with the camera mounted a few
feet above the workbench and the results were very good - a clear,
unobstructed, MAGNIFIED view of the entire work area, with the superb
light-gathering and depth of field that only a big lens can provide.

The only problems were the magnified camera shake (which some cameras
can help to deal with) and the requirement for a HUD monitor positioned
directly behind the work area.

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek