Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 21:00:54 -0600
From: Bob Cunnings <bob.cunni...@gmail.com>
Subject: [Elecraft]  K3 Tx audio ramp up with DATA-A mode
To: Elecraft Reflector <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>

If you are using Windows, there *is* a way to adjust the emu0202 output
in software. It's not by using the EM-U control panel app but by using the
Windows Volume Control applet instead.

I'm using an emu0202 with Windows XP.

Either access the Windows Volume Control from the task bar

or

Navigate to Control Panel->Sounds and Audio Devices. Select
the Audio tab (not the Volume tab where the controls are grayed
out) and you should see the emu0202 as the "sound playback"
device. Click on the Volume... button to open the Speaker dialog,
where you can adjust the output level. With mine set to the 2nd tick mark
from the bottom, the mic level control is set to 16 or 17 to drive
the K3 to 4-5 bars input in DATA A mode.

If you are running Windows 7 things may be a bit different.

No, the emu0202 instructions don't mention how to do this.

Bob NW8L

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45