about 4 years ago i successfully used a telescoping crappie fishing
pole or a folding shock-rope tent pole I forget which   on a cruise
ship balcony with my k2.  ....we were up maybe 80-100 feet above the water..

The #22 line went out to the end of the pole (12-??ft)  then dropped
down another maybe 25 feet,,,,with a gnd to the railing.., worked the
EU  from the Carib just fine

I tried to be stealthy about it ,,,, about the third day  the folks
in the adjacent  room were on their balcony and saw me ....
and she started hollering at me to get my attention....
SHE WANTED TO LET ME KNOW THE BAIT FELL OFF.......really....

bill ny9h/3