Craig,

Certainly - just in case the speaker frame is bent, take the speaker from
the QRP top cover and mount it in the KPA100 - it should sound the same -
the only difference is the wires, and wires do not add distortion.

OTOH, you are judging the sound quality with the KPA100 fully in place on
the K2, are you not?  If you are making judgements with the KPA100 laying on
the bench beside the K2, be aware that the enclosure provided by the K2/100
adds a LOT to the quality of the speaker sound - the base K2 speaker sounds
a bit ' tinny' when the cover is removed from the K2.

73,
Don W3FPR