David

The RS50M seems like a nice supply. I'm planning on purchasing one as well.
I've been using
several linear supplies used for Drake TR7s as a stiff station 12V supply. They
too work well,
but I want to get some of the TR7s back on the air again, and need the
supplies.  I'm not sure
whether I need a metered supply (as the supply will live under one of the
benches) but they're
nice units for sure.  I think the Drake units are capable of 30-35 amps. Drake
didn't skimp
here!

Regarding the danger, I suppose everything's dangerous in some way or another,
but the most
likely danger from this approach is a herniated disk, or squashed finger from
hefting that
thing around !!   With common sense application care, there's certainly nothing
inherently
dangerous about a 50A LV power supply.

73

John K5MO