From: W3FPR - Don Wilhelm [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2005 4:29 PM
To: Gottlieb, Jonathan; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] KAT100 Won't Tune When IC706 Also Turned On

Jonathan,

We need to understand your setup with the new switch included a bit better
before giving a proper answer, but I will 'go out on a limb' and make some
assumptions to see if it provides you with a quick answer.

Where did you put the switch?  If it is between the K2/100 and the KAT100,
that would be a reasonable explaination for your problem - the KAT100 must
be connected to the K2 on both the coax and the interconnecting cable to
tune properly (RF must flow during the tune operation).  The switch must go
on the antenna side of the KAT100 - and if it is located there and the 706
is connected to the antenna for receive, you will attempt to tune the KAT100
into an open circuit if the K2 TUNE button is pressed.

Another possible answer (guess) is that the 706 is putting DC on the coax
(for use with an external preamp maybe?) and somehow interferes with the
tuner operation.

73,
Don W3FPR

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail is
confidential, may be legally privileged, and is intended only for the use of
the party named above. If the reader of this is not the intended recipient, you
are advised that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
immediately notify us by telephone and destroy this e-mail.