Good to their word, the new K3 front panel arrived and I installed it
(took me about three hours - some parts and board removal/replacement
from the original front panel required). Unfortunately, there was no
joy. The rig behaved exactly as before. Called support back and again
did a little testing with them on the line. This time they said to
return the rig. So, $66 later at the UPS store - the K3 is on its way to
California.

It will be interesting to find what the problem is, as the K3 had
performed flawlessly for five months from the time I assembled it.

Bill W2BLC
--
IN GOD I TRUST (but, NOT a single politician)