Welcome Bill.  You'll certainly find a great deal of agreement regarding
the K2.  Last year I built my third one.  They are really quite fun to
build.  I think they are absolutely the best cw rig going.  You may find
after a few years role by that you wind up building and owning the
entire Elecraft catalog.  I have a few Asian radios left in the
storeroom.  But, after setting up the K-Line, there's just not much I'm
lacking. The K3 is mighty compact.  But, its really a big-rig in
performance and features.

Your note is not long by any means.  We all love to share our thoughts,
feelings and experiences with Elecraft gear.  So jump right in and tell
us how you find your K2.  Ask what ever questions come to mind.  Lots of
expertise available and if the question needs the final answer, you'll
find that Wayne and Eric of Elecraft will jump in as needed.

Have fun with that K2!

73, Doug -- K0DXV