Keep in mind that a lot of functions of the P3 will only work with the K3 --
like QSYing
with the knob on the P3.

Also -- you will only be able to use the P3 in tracking mode, not fixed-tune
mode, unless
the radio is a K3.

And... will it be able to display actual signal frequencies or will it display
the IF
frequency? I think it will show the IF frequency.

I think that all of these features depend on RS232 communication functions that
are not
implemented in the K2.

On 9/8/2012 7:53 PM, Don Wilhelm wrote:
> Tjhe current P3 goes down to an IF of 455 kHz, no need for ny P3
> upgrades or modifications as long as the traneiver has an IF output.
>
> 73,
> Don W3FPR
>
> On 9/8/2012 10:31 PM, Kevin Stover wrote:
>> If I'm not mistaken the P3 either does or soon will support the K2's
>> 4.915Mhz IF.
>>
>> The "problem" is getting that signal out of the radio.
>>
>> K8ZOA at Clifton Labratories makes a buffer amp for doing just that. It's
>> the Z10000B. I have installed one in my K2/100 and use an LP-Pan and
>> computer to get a pan adapter display.
>>
>> If the P3 supports the K2 Intermediate Frequency it should work...without
>> LP-Pan and computer.
>>

>> On Sat, 08 Sep 2012 19:26:00 -0400
>> Tom McCulloch <th...@att.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Can the P3 be used with the K2?  If not is there something comparable
>>> out there?

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco/