H Mark

I play a fair bit if SSTV  both using analogue and digital.      for
analogue (Martin, Scottie etc.  DM780 does just fine.  I cant really
advise on how to implement switching mode for DM780 but Data A would be
the best choice.  personally I am using MMSSTV  and manually change rig
modes.  on air I find that DM780 and MMSSTV seem to be both very
popular.     If you are interested in using Digital SSTV (Digital Radio
Mondale or DRM)  it gets a little more complicated.   I dont think that
DM780 will do DRM  as  I think this is amost exclusively done using a
program called EasyPal.   where it gets complicated is the typical QSO
involves sending pictures and often a comment or conversation on
frequency with SSB usually talking about the image sent.   for this I
have a short macro that sends at the begining and end of a image send.
one macro at the start changes mode to Data A and reduces power to about
70W.   At the end it changes back to SSB and sets power to 100W.   this
way the image is sent without compression or EQ.  but then after sending
a picture I can just pick up the mic and answer to any comments that may
arise.   for receive I don't have much EQ anyway so SSB is just fine for
that.

73

Dave Moes VE3DVY