Thanks Wayne and everyone else who sent direct responses.  I am thinking that
I'd use the remote rig boxes if I tried remoting so audio and cw keying
should work as well as the k3/k3 remote.  One of my goals is to do some
remote contesting so the reduced control set and slower rig control may not
fly for that.  But.... it'll be worth experimenting with and if needed I
should be able to use the same remote rig boxes with a k3 terminal.   I've
got a month or so for delivery of the kx3 so plenty of time for planning.
Thanks again.