Interesting.
This has prompted me to do some online research thinking of battery power
for home station use.  K3, KPA-500 + numerous small accessories.

It seems AGM batteries would be fine but I find "Sealed Calcium" batteries
of similar capacity 90AH, are half the price of AGM.
These are apparently recommended for boat caravan etc deep cycle. An
extract from an ad is below.

Anyone any comments on these for this purpose.
Thanks, 73 F5VJC

The dual purpose XV battery range is original equipment on some of the
biggest boat manufactures in the world. With its twin marine terminals and
sealed calcium construction which makes it 100% maintenance free this
battery is fast becoming a favourite within the leisure industry. This
battery is built to full USA specification and is perfect for boat, caravan
and motor home instillations and can run up to 250 lifecycles