Try unplugging all AUX and RS-232 cables from the back of the K3.  I've
had computer programs that were accessing the K3 'hang' and then you
couldn't manipulate the menu system from the front panel, until I
unplugged the offending cable(s).

Resetting whatever external box/computer is misbehaving fixes that
particular failure mode.

Your mileage may vary.

73,

-- Dave, N8SBE