I tried on similar wire with 45A APPs with some success, about 50%. It is
very difficult to get the
pins snapped into the housing as the solder adds to the diameter,  and the
wire insulation gets
in the way.

I made adapters and stripped the wire down behind the APP housing, slid
shrink tubing
on the wire, put the pins in, pushed the shrink tubing up and inside the
housing and shrunk it.
I would agree it was not very deluxe. I would get similar wire and build an
adapter first to get
practice before you cut apart the battery. I did not cut apart the battery
as I did not want to
wreck it.

I've been very happy with 4S LiFePO4 A123 packs. They run a long time, a
couple of hours so far,
with 20% SSB operation at 12W and the rest listening, with I and Q outputs
running on the KX3.
They still are about 12.9 V so the KX3 will still do 12W. I worked the
Azores with 12W and a
horizontal loop on 15. OK he had a massive antenna farm, but I still worked
him!.
With NIMH, it dropped down to 9V or so fast and the KX3 will only do 5W.

Good Luck, I would not consider myself an expert, and take my advice with
some
skepticism, as I would not consider things fully successful. Throwing out
half my work
is not what I call great.

73

Mark