I have experienced problems with corrosion (white deposits) in battery
compartments of electrical gear.  This has been with "AA" alkaline cells.
My question is, would I have less problems using Lithium (Energizer Ultimate)
cells.  I know that I should probably remove the cells in equipment that is not
used on a regular basis, but I don't always bother or remember.  I just
replaced the cells in my GPS receiver, and found quite a bit of corrosion.   I
cleaned it up with baking soda and water, and it looks good.  Device still
works fine.
Thanks for any information on this subject.

73,
Rick Dettinger  K7MW