I used the CM-500 extensively with a 756 which provides 8V bias (IIRC). Worked great.

73,
Josh W6XU

On 3/14/2013 11:45 AM, Dr Ira J Saber wrote:
GA Everyone

I hope this has not been answered before, but I could not find my answer in the archives, so here goes.

Can anyone tell me how much bias the microphone is able to tolerate? Since the battery pack supplies 3v dc, I am sure that 4-5 volts probable won't hurt. But how about 10-12v DC?

I use my headset with my K2, but would like to try it with another rig that supplies 10v. To get my other rig voltage down to the 3-4v region require about 12 meg ohms in series with the 10volts supplied.

All of you guys and gals are a great source for info regardless of topic and I wish to thank all and any of you who choose to answer my "novice" question. I have learned something in my years on this earth, that if you don't ask you do not get any answers.

Thanks again in advance.

73

Ira    N2IS