Why not use the TE command?

TE (Transmit EQ; SET only) SET format:  TEabcdefgh;   where  a through h
are 3-character values, each with a range of –16 to +16 dB. Values a
through h correspond to EQ bands as follows:   a = 50 Hz, b = 100 Hz, c =
200 Hz, d = 400 Hz, e = 800 Hz, f = 1600 Hz, g = 2400 Hz, h = 3200 Hz.
Important: If the current transmit mode (VFO B mode in SPLIT) is SSB, CW or
DATA, TE applies to SSB. If the transmit mode is ESSB, AM, or FM, TE
affects ESSB/AM/FM. The two setups are saved separately because SSB EQ is
typically optimized for communications effectiveness, while ESSB/AM/FM is
often optimized for fidelity. (ESSB mode is selected using the CONFIG:TX
ESSB menu entry.) Note: If the TX EQ menu entry is displayed at the time TE
is sent, the display will be updated accordingly.

Works for me on the KX3. Can't say for the K3.

Mark