I have rethought the pricing of the amp and tuner.  I now believe the combo
price will be $1299.00. I feel that way because, if the combo is priced at,
say, $999.00 it could have a canibalization effect on the k3/100 ATU.  Yes you
lack the expandability of the k3, but for those who might not need k3
modularity the kx3 with the combo may be a better choice.

Of course, if you decide after buying the kx3 and combo, you need the expansion
abilities of the k3 then Elecraft gets to sell a second radio!!!!

George, W6GF