From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of ik1bxn
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2013 8:08 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] k3-kat500-pr6-DigiKeyer via 2 "Y" cable in "cascade"
should be OK ?

Hello you all !

Currently I have my k3 connected via an "Y" DB15 cable to KAT500 and cable
and PR6.
Now I'm purchasing a MicroHam DigiKeyer that needs to be connected to k3
DB15 connector too and uses pins 1-4-5 for FSK and PTT.
At the moment I have no place to plug DigiKeyer DB15 connector to.
I wonder if it will be correct to purchase an additional "Y" DB15 and
connect it in "cascade" to the "Y" I already have.
The scenario it should be :
1st "Y" plugged to k3 and having one end to KAT500 and the 2nd end to feed
the 2nd "Y".
2nd "Y" will feed PR6 at the 1st end and MicroHam DigiKeyer at the 2nd end.
Should it be correct ? Should it create any problem or damage ?

Hoping to have been clear enough, thanks a lot for support

Best 73

Giorgio - IK1BXN