Hi Andrew,

Apple is pretty restrictive with what / who / how the USB and Bluetooth
Interfaces get used in iOS. As a result, not much has been developed for the
wired or bluetooth interface for iPad/iPhone, WiFi, however,  is another story.
I've been happily using  the HamLog app with two devices: the Pigtail and the
Piglet, with my KX3. It works very well.

The Pigtail or Piglet device (you only need one of the two) connects to your
KX3
serial port and creates a  "virtual serial cable" to the KX3. The HamLog app
talks to the KX3 via an "adhoc" type  WiFi connection providing rig control and
logging capability.

It works great in the field for portable operations, and when I get home I can
export the HamLog adif contact log file,  then upload the file to my main
logging program on the PC in my shack.

Take a look at:
http://pignology.net/
 And some of the demo video: