Thanks George, I was looking for that schematic but probably didn't look hard enough:-)

72/73,
Peter - PA0PJE

GDanner schreef:
Peter,
Bias is "added" to the tip via menu.

The voltage you read on the 1st ring is the pull-up for the PTT & UP/Down
buttons.

See the schematic for the MH3 microphone (
http://www.elecraft.com/manual/MH3%20Rev%20A.pdf ).
It does show the connections to the mic plug.
I can not find the Mic jack on the KX3 schematics.

I used the MH3 schematic to make an adapter to interface my K3 microphones
in case I need my KX3 to back-up my K3 & KPA500.

73
George
AI4VZ