I did this mod, and I recommend it, it really makes a difference for hardly
any effort. It is by the way the first mod for the K2 for years!

It has been added to the updated LA3ZA list of modifications:
http://la3za.blogspot.no/p/la3za-unofficial-guide-to-elecraft-k2_28.html#K2-misc
<http://la3za.blogspot.no/p/la3za-unofficial-guide-to-elecraft-k2_28.html#K2-misc>

George Blahun Jr wrote
> This is such a simple and quick mod I have resisted posting it, but I do
> feel it makes a small, not totally aesthetic difference.  As an amateur
> astronomer, I always blacken the edges of eyepieces and objective lenses
> to enhance contrast.  I did the same thing on the K2 bezel and I believe
> it does enhances contrast (at least during the day with high ambient light
> levels) and improves the appearance of the bezel by eliminating the hazy
> edge around the clear plastic.  Just take a magic marker and carefully run
> it along the edge of the bezel (after removing it from the radio).  Let
> each length and width dry before continuing to the next portion.  It's
> literally a 5 minute job.
>
> George
> KS1U

-----
Sverre, LA3ZA

K2 #2198, K3 #3391,
LA3ZA Blog: http://la3za.blogspot.com,
LA3ZA Unofficial Guide to K2 modifications:
http://la3za.blogspot.com/p/la3za-unofficial-guide-to-elecraft-k2.html