I switch between keys frequently using a variety of straight keys, bugs, cooties and paddles, sometimes during a QSO. It would be a royal pain to have any kind of permanent mounting. I have a couple of pieces of leather I got from a Tandy store years ago. Michael's also has nice pieces about 3x6" for a buck or two. Just lay the leather down on your desk and lay the key on top of it. It gives the key an elegant look, and the key stays put for either hand. The method is untested for left or right foot.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to reconsider technique including backing off the tension a little, and try to lighten up a bit. It shouldn't take brute force to hold a key in place.

Eric
KE6US