I think I'll replace all my K3 wiring with Monster Cable and replace the speaker with a Bose Wave system....

Shouldn't be needed, however......
*<G..r..i..n..> *

Rich
NU6T

On 10/19/2013 11:22 PM, Al Lorona wrote:
You are right about all of that, but the original post (and the original QST
letter to which it referred) appeared to be talking about copying a single
signal, rather than the complex process of discriminating between two signals
close to each other, and it implied some near-universal psychoacoustic
preference for the single frequency of 432 Hz. Not 430, not 435, but 432! This
supposed preference is what I rejected as junk science.
The next thing you know, someone somewhere is going to claim that Elecraft radios soldered with 63/37 solder sound superior to those soldered with a different blend. Al W6LX [who listens at about a D-flat]
I'll inject some science into the discussion based on my profession of
electroacoustics.
73, Jim K9YC

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net/