Hi,

There seems to be an uptick in interest in this concept recently (I have
responded to several E-mails over the last few weeks). I have run my KAT500
remotely in Upstate NY for almost a year now with absolutely no problems due
to temperature or weather. Here is a few pictures:

http://ab2tc.com/img_0124.jpg
http://ab2tc.com/img_0128.jpg
http://ab2tc.com/img_0179.jpg
http://ab2tc.com/img_0181.jpg

The enclosure is a feed container found here:

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753804&utm_source=googleproduct&utm_campaign=2753804&utm_medium=cse&mr:referralID=e69722b5-5062-11e2-8751-001b2166c2c0

Having it in full auto mode with auto turn on when power is applied *should*
work. Are you mostly CW or mostly SSB? On SSB a potential problem is that
the tuner may decide to start tuning while you are talking and that is *not*
nice. I was running an MFJ tuner like that for about a year before I decided
to put in a cable for the tune button so I could run it in semi automatic
mode where it would never start tuning on its own. With the KAT500 I have
had full remote control using a wireless serial server from Lantronix almost
since day one:

http://www.lantronix.com/device-networking/external-device-servers/wibox.html

For a short while I was using an Ethernet connection, but it created a large
number of birdies. Wireless has no interference below 30MHz whatsoever. Give
it a try. You will enjoy it.

Knut - AB2TC

John Fritze wrote