Fred, perhaps you misunderstood.
To properly use the SDR version of this program, you need to present it with
both I and Q signals (in-phase and quadrature). These would be routed into a
2-channel (stereo) soundcard. So, you need the I/Q output from the K3,
provided by LP-Pan, SoftRock, or similar device. Then the 2 channel output
needs to be connected to a stereo "soundcard" input on the PC. I don't
believe the Signalink (USB?) is stereo, but I could be mistaken.

GL,
Bruce N1RX