For this ARRL 10m CW contest I i have been trying to learn how to use my HP USB Mini Keyboard model KU-0901

http://www.amazon.com/HP-AS601AA-ABA-Mini-Keyboard/dp/B0025ZSBNG/

Everything seems to work except, when I try setting the Transmit Mode
It doesn't matter which I chose CR  ^T  VOX
when I hit a key or a saved memory key
the letters are sent immediately

the manual says:
Transmit Mode - CR, ^T, VOX
o CR – The K3 will start sending text/CW only after the ENTER key is pressed.
o ^T – The K3 will start sending text/CW only after Ctrl-T is pressed.
o VOX – The K3 will start sending as soon as the first character is typed and will continue to send as characters are entered.

but all 3 settings act like they are set for  VOX
meaning, the K3 transmits immediately when I hit the key

I tried this with the K3 in or out of VOX
with QSK set to SIMI or FULL
nothing I do changes the immediate transmission problem.

P3 Utility (Windows Version 1.13.1.23)
MCU 1.26
P3SVGA 01.16
FGPA 0-4 are all 01.04