I think I'll put the reflector on mute for a while,
until the KAT500 derangement syndrome has fallen out of vogue.

Does my KAT500
*occasionally* retune when I think it's unnecessary,
yes.

Am I going to jump on the
OMG Elecraft is trying to shaft us bandwagon,
heck no!

sorry but I find the last comparison beyond the pale,
I guess I'm a Kool Aid drinker, since I do not think Elecraft should be compared to either other radio manufactures, nor especially to the outright lies that come from the other despicable source you mentioned.

I would place the Elecraft guys in the rarefied class of a manufacturer that doesn't do as you said.

/me slithers back under my rf/dx proofed solar shield
sm