Hi everyone!

I recently bought a used K2 with the KSB2 SSB adapter. The builder did a very
clean, professional building job on both the radio and the KSB2 and I can find
nothing wrong with the construction - i.e. no cold solder joints, no shorts, no
solder bridges, all circuit paths are as they should be and have been verified
several times.

The radio works perfectly normal in CW mode, and RX in the SSB modes is fine.

So here is my problem - when I key the radio in SSB mode via either the mic
jack or the cw jack, I get a brief HI CUR warning and I get 12 watts of carrier
which is unaffected by the carrier balance pot. Also, there is virtually SSB TX
audio. ONLY SSB mode is affected.

I have taken voltage readings as suggested in the KSB2 manual and found (2)
voltages to be out of line, both on U2:

U2 pin 5 - 5.99v, should be 0.6v

U2 Pin 8 - 0.45v, should be 6.0v

These are way out. All connections, components, etc. have been verified correct
and good so I am thinking that U1 (the PIC) is the problem as it does affect
this part of the circuit. I ahve reflowed all solder connactions on the entire
board without success.

Toroids have been checked for shorting against the crystal cans, no shorts.

Q2 on the K2 RF board has been checked for proper installation and is verified
good.

Again, the symptoms are: constant 12w output with inability to balance carrier.

No TX audio on SSB (yes the mic is good and is correctly wired)

"Hi Cur" message. TX cur is set in the menu @ 2.5A so this should not be a
problem.

Any thoughts are appreciated, thank you!