I saved this gem of a post from Jack WA9FVP

====
Re: [Elecraft] [K3]Noise Filter (NF) ADJ

wa9fvp Thu, 27 Dec 2012 16:19:36 -0800

There's no documentation but as far as I can tell--

F1-x through F4-x defines the amount of noise reduction or how aggressive
the filter attacks the I.F. noise.  F5-X through F8-X defines the amount of
reduction and the level that's mixed with the filtered and non-filtered I.F.
Note that "m" which means "mix" will appear after F5-X and above.

X defines the delay.  Delay is the amount of time it takes for the filter to
converge on a non-sinusoidal signal or the noise.   The higher the number,
the longer it takes for the noise to reduce to a low level.

I hope this helps.

Jack WA9FVP

F1-x through F4-x are for CW
F5-x through F8-x are for SSB