I'll second.  I'm a METCAL user, and I was impressed by the
Hakko FX-951 James has.  I felt right at home with it!

kb7psg

On Mon, 24 Mar 2014, James Doty wrote:

Hi Fred, I'll try this again:

Lets see if I can post to the list this time.

I have a Hakko FX-951, it has a temperature display on it and is a nice
soldering station.  I have used mine to solder through hole and SMD
components with ease.  I really like it.