First of all, the KX3 is a sweet radio and have it running quickly with only
small adaptations using my old 70 yo memory
bank from 5 years with the K3 and K2.

Now that I've read all the historical material debating the alternatives to the
MH3 hand mic

I'm still not sure how to get my trusted K3 Heil with a cable adapted to work
with the KX3..
Yes, I'd like to be able to interchange the Heil GM with the HC5 cartridge
between the K3 and
the KX3.

Using the KX3 I don't care about the up/dwn buttons but do want PTT.  So, this
mic jack with
tip/ring/ring/sleeve I would like to make up an entire new cable to go from the
bottom of the
mic  with a four pin 3.5 mm jack on the other end to plug into the KX3.

Is there a pre-made solution available or what is the cleanest/simplest way to
make a cable?  Looks like
Heil doesn't have one.

Did I miss the end outcome summary for this transition to KX3?  This OT with
interconnects in my life
since 1959 is getting too old to tease my brain on interconnect details.
Instead I prefer the bigger subjects like JT65 stability for the XV-144 local
oscillator.  Any Elmer's with the answer out there?

Thanks, John Lawrence,  W1QS