Due to the recent subject of Anti Static mats, I did a little googling and thought I'd share my findings.

First for reference Alan Bloom had this to say back in Feb 27, 2008

http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/Radio-Shack-ESD-mat-doesn-t-meet-spec-td462383.html

<quote>
Here are the results:

Radio Shack P/N 276-2370 ($22.99) - 26 G ohms (26,000 M ohms)
Jameco P/N 10584 ($16.45) - 44 G ohms (44,000 M ohms)
Digi-Key P/N 16-1121-ND, (Desco 66164) ($38.18) - 41 M ohms

The Desco mat's resistance is about 1000x lower than the cheaper ones!

This mat is quite large, (2 x 3 feet, 61 x 91.4 cm) so if you buy one
you may need to cut it down to fit on your workbench.  It comes with a
"common point ground kit" (that you have to install on the mat yourself)
that provides a long wire with solder lug to connect to ground and a
two-socket connector for connecting one or two wrist straps.  The wrist
strap and cord have to be purchased separately.  It looks like Digi-Key
P/N SCP172-ND for $8.95 should work.

So the total cost is about $47.  But the cheap mats are no bargain if
they don't work.
</quote>

Alan mentioned the Desco 66164 mat.
DigiKey still sells them, but they are no longer $45, they are now $89

Google came up with different sellers priced from $60 to $96
https://www.google.com/search?q=Desco+66164&tbm=shop

I did run across a similar product by Sierra for $43

the spec for the Desco and Sierra are stated as follows:
(there are detailed .pdf's on the Technical Information tabs at the following links)

Desco 66164
Property Test Method Value
RTG Resistance: ANSI/ESD S4.1 10E6-10E8 ohms
RTT Resistance: ANSI/ESD S4.1 10E6-10E8 ohms
RTT Resistance: ANSI/ESD S4.1 <10E6 ohms

Our Price: $60.14
Regular Price: $76.88
Our Part #: 66164
MFG's Part #: 66164
Estimated Weight: 3.4 lbs.
http://www.all-spec.com/products/66164.html

===
===
Sierra FS Series - 2-Layer Dissipative/Conductive Rubber Matting, .080" Thick
Property Test Method Value
RTG Resistance: 1 x 10E7 to 9 x 10E8 ohms
RTT (Point to Point) 1 x 10E6 to 9 x 10E8 ohms

Our Price: $43.15
Regular Price: $49.61
Our Part #: FSW100B
MFG's Part #: FSW100B
Estimated Weight: 4 lbs.
http://www.all-spec.com/products/FSW100B.html

maybe Alan or someone more knowledgeable than I can let us know if the Sierra is really up to the standards we need met?

not part of any of the above companies, just relating what I found surfing on the subject

--
GB & 73
K5OAI