don't forget that long antenna you have running out to the street,
even if it's buried  your telephone line brings bad stuff in on it ,,,

it took out a new TV...router, network raid drive, all the phones
the junk probably crossed over on a two line phone to the magicjack..then into the network... now a box, happens to be polyphaser...to 10 foot gnd rodS....
antennas were disconnected

bill

At 02:00 PM 6/18/2014, Hunsdon Cary III wrote:
Elecraft Reflector:
> Some weird things going on at my station. My across the street neighbor's front yard tree took a direct hit from lightning middle of last week. > When I turned SteppIR control unit on for my Sundays skeds, it was inoperative; fortunately I had a spare control board and all is now A-OK. Three IC's and power supply capacitor were zapped! > My KAT-500 shows "Fault' and the SWR 4 & 5 Led's are lit as are the "on/off, auto, & bypass Led's" and all Antenna Led's. > My K-3/100 turned on fine today showing 14.215 and, as I tuned down the band, it froze at 14.209; I turned it off and waited a minute or so and when I turned it back on, the screen is blank and the on/off switch doesn't work.
> The P3 and KPA-500 seem to be unaffected.
> Any idea where I should start?
> 73,
> "H" Cary, K4TM
> Lynchburg VA