Licensed now 50 years....SWL,, homebrew, Heathkit HW100 etc etc.

Elecraft saved me from giving up on Ham radio.

It all started in  year 2000, with the K2 built from scratch, all options,
including winding all the Toroids.
I loved it, and ended up with a rig that performed amazingly,  as well as
my then current big box rigs, the Kenwood TS950, a TenTec Corsair and a
TenTec Omni 6+, all very nice rigs which |I kept for some years.

Then, when the K3 came along I just had to have one # 325.
I eventually sold all my other gear and now I have the full K-Line,  all
built from kits.
It still amazes me to be able to put together a kit of parts and end up
with such a top performing, full feature piece of radio equipment.
I love the ability to do software updates and hardware mods all to keep the
rig current to latest spec.

This together with all the amazing software available today interfaced to
this rig keeps my interest going.

 Plug and play rigs (which is an Elecraft option of course) would soon bore
me.

I now have a super station indeed! Very happy.

Now if only I could get a 60' tower and a big beam, hmmm....

73, Deni F5VJC