I have been using the Pigknob for several months now and have found it to be a super add-on for the K3 (and some other rigs also).

I control the VFO in steps of 1 kc or 100 cycles (user programmable range and push selectable at the control) and have eight (8) other buttons that I program as I wish. In my case: band up, band down, mode, auto-notch toggle, audio level preset (to work with my armchair copy station audio system), and audio level mute (AG000). I still have two more buttons that I am not using - I am leaning toward wide and narrow filter selection or NB toggle. Programming is simple - via a terminal program (I use Putty).

I do not normally log, rarely work DX, and never participate in contests. I am a simple rag chewer. This control on a wire allows me to easily use my K3 without having to reach across the desk to reach it (I have mobility issues). I can place the little box on my chair arm or on the desk close to me.

I have no business interest in the subject - merely find that it is one of those rare devices that actually works as advertised and is a great assist for me personally. Perhaps others could benefit from my experience.

Prior to the Pigknob, I used an older free version of HRD. I still do from time to time - but not often. I never upgraded, as all I need is rig control.

Info at: http://pignology.net/pigknob/

Bill W2BLC K-Line :)